The mission of the Society is therefore to contribute to constructive, professional cooperation in the use of landscape and urban space; to promote respect for professional opinion in decision-making concerning landscape and urban space; to raise the professional level of the sub-professions in the field of gardening and landscaping that are involved in the management, planning, decision-making, design, realization, subsequent management and maintenance and protection of landscapes, parks and gardens; to influence legislation concerning the activities of these professions; to create space for professional discussion as a prerequisite for finding optimal solutions.
The mission of the Society for Garden and Landscape Design is to bring together professionals who work together to promote the goals of garden and landscape design in the planning, realization, management and protection of landscapes, parks and gardens.
Aims and objectives
- popularise the issue of greenery in settlements and landscapes, especially its importance as an essential component of a healthy environment
- to promote the field of garden and landscape design in the Czech Republic and abroad
- to cooperate systematically with vocational schools in the education of young professionals and with research in the field
- systematically cooperate with professional organisations and institutions
- to enable the theoretical and practical professional growth of its members and other workers in the field, based in particular on the acquisition of progressive knowledge of science and practice
- to protect the professional interests of the Society’s members and other workers in the field
- to promote the interests of the profession in the development of legal and technical standards
- to represent the discipline abroad and to represent the discipline in international professional organisations